Tuesday, February 19, 2008

The Boys...

I'm excited that we're having a small wedding party. My groomsmen will be my two great friends who accompanied me on the West Coast Trail the summer before last. I've had a lot of good friends over the years, but these are the two guys who I've always kept in close touch with, despite the strain that time and distance can often put on friendships. They are faithful and encouraging friends whom I will be honoured to have stand up for me this summer.

Daron is my buddy from Salmon Arm, where he works as a youth pastor at an E-Free church. He and his wife Shauna are expecting their first child in late August. He also has two brothers getting married in the next few months, so it's going to be a busy spring/summer for him! Daron and I have been great friends since being roommates back in 2000 in Taber. Here's Daron checking out wolf prints on the beach during our hike on the WCT.


Bryan and I have been buddies since 1995 during my University of Saskatchewan days. He works as an accountant for a builder in Vancouver, and lives with his wife Rhianna in Langley. No kids yet, but their dog MJ keeps them busy. Here's Bryan negotiating a log bridge on the WCT.


Chryslyn will have just two attendants as well -- her longterm friends Hillary and Jessica. Interestingly, both of her girls live out of town as well! Hillary lives in Ontario where she is dating a great guy named Mike, while Jess lives in Calgary with her "hilarious in unexpected comments" husband Mark.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

...hmmm I don't know what you are talking about at this moment.

Congradultions Tavis. Outdoor proposals are the way to go!

Mark

Stephen and Amber said...

Thanks for keeping us updated!